Do you want to quit tobacco on your own time? Look no further! Text message programs are right at your fingertips to help you on your quit journey. They can be used with other programs or counseling you are receiving. These programs may also be helpful when you’re having a craving or need on-demand encouragement.
Texting programs offer different types of support for:
- Practicing quit techniques before your quit date.
- Quitting cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, or e-cigarettes.
- Moms, teens, or veterans who want to quit.
If you are ready to quit tobacco, have tried quitting tobacco, or want encouragement to stick to your healthier lifestyle, check out the following text programs:
- Smokefree.gov: Find a variety of programs that offer tips to become tobacco-free and encouragement on how to live a healthy life.
- This is Quitting: Get tips and advice for quitting e-cigarettes.
Try one text message program and if it doesn’t fit your needs, come back and check out a new one! Remember – there is no one way to quit tobacco, so experiment and find what works for you.
The Great American Smokeout is November 16. Take the pledge to be smokefree and receive 20% off any one store item and 25% off one tobacco cessation item at your local Marine Corps Exchange.
For more information on tobacco cessation resources, visit https://quantico.usmc-mccs.org/news/tobacco-cessation-resources.