The Volunteer Program provides opportunities to active duty personnel, their family members, retirees, veterans and civilians to connect the installation and community volunteer resources. Across the globe Marines, Sailors and their families are giving back to their communities.
We are Team BEAUFORT - a community that realizes that when we pool our efforts together we can create a lasting impact and make a difference in our community. There are many benefits to volunteering including:
- Learning different skills or brushing up on old ones
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Filling resume gaps
- Receiving references and letters of recommendation
- Networking and building working relationships with individuals within your community
- Receiving recognition for your volunteer work
- Improving your community
Tracking Your Hours
We want to make sure you get credit for the time you give volunteering. To start tracking your time, simply follow these steps:
- Visit presidentialserviceawards.gov
- Create a profile for yourself
- Track your volunteer hours, to include dates, times, organization/event names and contact information.
Installation Volunteer Opportunities
Help support your unit by becoming a Family Readiness Command Team Advisor or Family Readiness Assistant: For additional details, contact your unit's Unit Readiness Coordinator (URC) or call 843-228-7495 (MCAS Beaufort) or 843-228-1663 (MCRD Parris Island).
L.I.N.K.S. Mentor: Use your Marine Corps spouse on-the-job training to help other Marines, Sailors and families as a L.I.N.K.S. Mentor. For more information, call 843-228-7397 (MCAS Beaufort) or 843-228-1573 (MCRD Parris Island).
Youth Sports: Coaches are needed for youth baseball, softball, basketball, football, cheerleading, tennis, soccer, dance and gymnastics. For more information, call 843-228-1586.