Nothing cools you off on a hot summer day like a dip in a pool. Make a splash with our summer programs and activites.
Reserve one of our pools for your next private party by calling 843-228-1581.
The Aquatics programs provide a full spectrum of recreational and instructional activities in a safe, healthy, fun environment which aids in the development of life skills and builds resiliency in our service members. Drowning prevention is a key theme for Aquatics with a focus on prevention awareness.
Our two week swim camp focuses on physical fitness and providers campers with the knowledge and tools to become a healthier, stronger young athlete. Campers must be able to complete the MCCS SC swim test.
Taking the Plunge with EFMP
During this one hour sensory experience, children will explore the wonderful world of aquatics while increasing body awareness, perception, coordination, oral motor skills, safety awareness, social skills and most importantly, experience visiting a pool. The ultimate goal of Pool Basics is to get you and your child comfortable enough to enroll in swim lessons.
Group swim lessons are provided throughout the year. Courses vary to accommodate skill level.
- Level 1 Lionfish: A two week course introducing basic aquatic skills.The instructor introduces students to blowing bubbles (while submerging face), front and back glides, assisted floats, arm and leg action, and water safety in and around the pool.
- Level 2 Clownfish: A two week course introducing basic aquatic skills. Students refine fundamental aquatic skills such as longer front and back glides, independent floats, and alternating arm and leg action with an emphasis on comfort and water safety in and around the pool.
- Level 3 Swordfish: A two week course introducing intermediate aquatic skills and stroke development. Instructors introduce students to survival floating, treading water, headfirst entries, freestyle stroke, and elementary backstroke at a rudimentary level. Students who complete the Level 3 Swordfish should possess basic water competency in a pool setting.
- CPR for the lay responder
- Prevention of Blood Borne Pathogens
- First Aid
Learn-to-Swim teaches people how to seim and be safe around water.
Coures included are:
- Level 1 - Introduction to Water Skills
- Level 2 - Fundamental Aquatic Skills
- Level 3 - Stroke Development
- Level 4 - Stroke Improvement
- Level 5 - Stroke Refinement
- Parent and Tot: Parents and children ages 6 months to 5 years can learn together while your little one becomes more comfortable in the water.
Pool - Naval Hospital Beaufort
Follow Pool - Naval Hospital Beaufort:
Pool - MCRD Parris Island
Follow Pool - MCRD Parris Island: