The Single Marine Program (SMP) functions to support single Marines’ leisure interests and Quality of Life (QOL) concerns. SMP serves as the voice for single Marines in identifying concerns, developing initiatives, and providing recommendations through advocacy, recreational activities, special events, and community involvement.
The Single Marine Program exists to improve the Quality of Life for single Marines and Sailors, single parents and geographical bachelors. SMP is also the forum to discuss new ideas, recommend changes and identify quality of life issues.
Our activities and events are as varied as the Marines and Sailors that we serve and include:
- Poker nights
- Trips to sporting events or major cities
- Gaming tournaments
- Movie nights
- Volunteer opportunities
- And more
SMP has two recreation facilities: Afterburners aboard MCAS Beaufort and Brig & Brew aboard MCRD Parris Island. Both facilities include:
- Movie theaters
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Pool tables
- Gaming consoles
- Snack bar
- And more
Eligible Marines are invited to take advantage of these great recreational opportunities:
- One free game on Fridays from 1600-2300 and Saturdays from 1300-2300 at the Bowling Centers.
- Unlimited golf for $20 Monday-Thursday after 1300 at The Legends at Parris Island.
- Fish off the Four Winds.
- Swim for free Saturday and Sunday at any pool.